Woman Hospitalized After Mistaking Wasabi for Avocado

An Israeli woman has landed in the hospital after she mistook wasabi paste for avocado. An account appearing in Tuesday's issue of the medical journal "BMJ Case Reports" says the woman, who's in her late 60s, was attending a wedding when she scarfed down a "large amount" of the fiery hot Japanese horseradish. Almost immediately, she felt "sudden pressure" in her chest before it traveled to her arms and legs, according to the report. An electrocardiogram revealed she was suffering from takotsubo cardiomyopathy, which is popularly known as "broken heart syndrome" -- a heart condition that can be brought on by a stressful breakup, death of a loved one or another traumatic event. The report's authors note it's the first documented case of the condition being triggered by food consumption. If you've suffered from broken heart syndrome, what caused it? What's the spiciest food you've ever eaten?

title

Content Goes Here