As the sun sets on yet another San Diego Comic-Con weekend and I finally leave my house for the first time since Friday night, this year's Con was far better than the last two years. A lot of great news and highlights came out of San Diego that makes the next year worth waiting for. I have been following Comic-Con like a sporting event every year since I found it on the decease channel of G4 (I'm still bitter about that channel going away...thanks NBC and Universal...Comcast too). Below are the highlights and disappointments from this year's nerdvana event.
- Frank Miller coming on to write Superman Year One.
- Captain America is returning to the status quo that we all know and love (Thank you Marvel Legacy).Update on DC’s Countdown to Doomsday Clock storyline.
- We are going to be entering a more “Dark Age of DC Story lines”.
- Power Rangers and Go Go Power Rangers Comics taking on more intense story lines that we would never see in the shows or movies.
- Justice League Trailer…it took Comic Con by storm and stole the whole con
- Titles and release dates for upcoming DC movies
- Wonder Woman 2 confirmation
- Captain Marvel taking place in the 90’s
- Ant-Man and The Wasp supporting cast getting announced.
- The complete surprise of having the Thor:Ragnorak Trailer drop
- All the Kingsman:The Golden Circle hype
- Brand new Lego NINJAGO Movie Trailer
- Batman: Gotham by Gaslight becoming an animated movie.
- Marvel’s Defenders trailers and clips.
- First look at Syfy’s Krypton
- Fox’s new X-Men show “Gifted” got some good love
- So much Ducktales sneak peaks and the announcement that freaking Darkwing Duck will be in the series.
- Rocko’s Modern Life TV movie trailer getting previewed and Hey Arnold! TV movie clip.
- Official recordings and quick posting of Hall H panels were a nice change and surprise.
- IGN’s amazing news-style coverage of the event.
- Discovering that IMDB has a great live stream on Saturday hosted by Kevin Smith.
- Conan at Comic Con…enough said.
- More sources for interviews (ET, WB, Marvel, Yahoo, Entertainment Weekly)
- No mention or even a hint of a Power Ranger movie sequel.
- CW Superhero TV shows not really offering anything new about their upcoming seasons. It was a lot of “we can’t mention that…” or “yah I am not sure because I’m not told it”.
- All the talk about Ben Affleck getting fired as Batman.
- Nothing on the Fantastic Beasts sequel….not even a blip on the radar.
- MTV News coverage. They use to be great at this.
- This year they had great interviews but only loaded edited versions to their youtube page. Syfy Channels coverage…100% terrible.
- Not actually showing the Avengers: Infinity War Teaser. We got a crappy video of it getting leaked online but no official response from Marvel...maybe that was their plan all along (insert conspiracy theory music)
*picture cred: Getty