Welcome my fellow friends and geeks! As we take a look back at this weeks news, it is also a very important weekend. GAME OF THRONES RETURNS!!!
months YEARS of waiting, the day is here! April 14th, this Sunday at 9pm we will finally begin to see who will make their march down to take the Iron Throne! To prepare, we need to remember a few things....
- Jon Snow is a Targaryen and is the true heir to the throne, but he doesn't know that. He's currently the King of the North and an ally of Daenerys (who is his relative...and he's sleeping with her, but doesn't know that either, oh boy). The phrase "you know nothing Jon Snow" is really perfect for him.
- The Night King has destroyed the wall and his marching his army of the dead towards Winterfell
- Cersei Lannister is the sitting monarch at King's Landing and is still bat-crap crazy.
- Sansa is standing in as ruler of the north while Jon Snow is off banging his cousin. But we get to see her and Arya reunited and they are a bad-ass team together!
- Bran is still seeing visions.
- Jamie Lannister is having some moral issues in dealing with his psycho sister.
- Oh...and there is an ice dragon now.
I'm sure the first five mins of this Sundays episode is going to be a full recap, which will make the episode of this season a short one. That's OK. We need to be eased into this. It's the final season! To prepare, here are the run times for the next few weeks.
- Episode 1...April 14 at 9:00 p.m ....54 min
- Episode 2...April 21 at 9:00 p.m ....58 min
- Episode 3...April 28 at 9:00 p.m ....1 Hour 22
- Episode 4...May 5 at 9:00 p.m.......1 Hour 18
- Episode 5...May 12 at 9:00 p.m ....1 Hour 20
- Episode 6...May 19 at 9:00 p.m.....1 Hour 20
I've already put in for a personal day for Monday May 20th. I don't think I will be able to do anything after the final episode. I'm also going to need a good therapist after this show. And if that's not enough, on top of the show returning...we are getting Game of Thrones MUSIC! Pretty unique line up.
and now...speaking waiting. WE HAVE BIG STAR WARS NEWS!!
Episode 9 TITLE AND TRAILER IS HERE!!!
This just dropped today...and as you heard in the Geek Freak of the Week: Podcast. the Star Wars Issue my information about April 12th (today....Friday) was correct! I had heard a few weeks back that during the Star Wars Celebration weekend in Chicago there would be news about the next movie. And now that Avengers: Endgame is in full swing, we need the NEXT big movie event to look forward to. CUE STAR WARS!
Soooo....here are a few questions:
- The Rise of Skywalker?! Does this mean Rey IS a Skywalker or is Luke getting resurrected somehow?
- Who is laughing at the end of the trailer? is that...Emperor PALPATINE?! Luke does say...."No one is ever REALLY gone?"
- If that's the case...did Palpatine CREATE Rey? Take that theory about how he created Anakin...it can be applied here.
Watch her be a test-tube creation by Yoda. He had access to Luke's DNA. He sweated a lot on Dagobah. Maybe Yoda got into chemistry and biology in his exile. WHO KNOWS! It's finally here and we can all get exited for the final chapter of this SKYWALKER saga. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker arrives in theaters this December. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
TAKE MY MONEY! Alright...time to move on.
The X-Men Are NOT Coming...The X-Men are NOT Coming
Unless this is to throw us off the scent, looks like we won't be seeing Wolverine or Professor X team up with Spider-Man or any other Avenger anytime soon. I'm actually okay with this. We've had a great run with the X-Men movies (well..some more than others) that we don't need to have a reboot automatically happen once Phase Three of the MCU finishes with Endgame. I'll chat more about this in the Geek Freak of the Week: Podcast in a few weeks. Stay tuned!
Sneak Peak at Endgame
Spoilers? Nah, not really. This doesn't give away anything that we don't already know. Captain Marvel has arrived after getting Fury's message, the team then debates over the plan they have, and are ready to get that son-of-a-B! I bet no one gets on Caps case for language this time!
Due to the music, I bet this is the scene right before the screen goes to AVENGERS and then flips to reveal the ENDGAME title, which if you don't cheer or applaud in the theater when you see this, don't even bother going to see the movie.
Disney is Hawk-Eyeing A New Show...
Disney is all about making Marvel series on their new Disney Plus service that will arrive this November. First Loki, then Scarlet Witch & Vision. We also heard news about Bucky and Falcon getting a series. By this logic, every supporting character in the MCU will have their own series eventually. Yet they have awesome series like DareDevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones, but hey whatever!
According to this story, it seems our favorite marvel archer is getting his own series along with the others, and will be training his successor. We got a glimpse of this in one of the Endgame trailers. Disney Plus costs $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year if you pay upfront. Will you be adding this streaming service to your credit card?
*Takes breath of fresh air* My heart rate can go down now. I better end here or else I'll pass out and miss Game of Thrones this weekend, which will be very VERY bad. Also, not a bad idea to log in to your HBO Now and Go accounts before this Sunday night to make sure they work!
Don't forget to check out the Geek Freak of the Week:Podcast. New episode will be up this Monday!
I'm Maz and that's your Geek Freak of the Week!