Aye, Aye, Aye!
Looks like Hasbro has made its choice. The 2017 film will not be getting a sequel. Instead, the plan is too reboot the whole thing with a new cast and new story.
As much as this is disappointing news to report, at least the fans of ranger nation finally have an answer. A new movie means new direction and a fresh take. Plus the actors have all moved on to bigger projects and getting them to come back to reprise their roles would be difficult.
- Dacre Montgomery (Jason/Red Ranger) just wrapped up his role as Billy in Stranger Things. It also rumored he is in talks with DC and Warner Brothers for a role in the DCEU
- Naomi Scott (Kimberly/Pink Ranger) is now known for the role of Jasmin from Disney's Aladdin remake. She's also going to be in the Charlie's Angel's reboot movie coming out this fall.
- RJ Cyler (Billy/Blue Ranger) was in DCUniverse's Swamp Thing and CW's Black Lightning.
- Becky G (Trini/Yellow Ranger) has a successful music career
- Ludi Lin (Zack/Black Ranger) is rumored to be apart of Marvel's Phase Four
- Bill Hader (Alpha 5) is writing, directing, and starring in his own series on HBO Barry
- Elizabeth Banks (Rita) is starring and directing in the new Charlie's Angel's reboot and it was announced she was attached to a Flintstones movie remake.
- Bryan Cranston (Zordon) is Bryan Cranston. He is always busy with something.
Along with the cast, the music was amazing, the story was original and respected the shows history with the mention of the Zeo Crystal, Jason being called Angel Groves "Golden Boy", and the mention of Reefside and Mariner Bay. As much as this is sad news, here's to bigger and better things! So, to the 2017 cast and crew. You were amazing Rangers. May the power protect you.