Fire Firefighters in the U.K. are blaming a huge farm fire that occurred over the weekend on a pile of pungent pig poop that combusted. The blaze -- which scorched 800 square feet of land -- occurred Saturday on a farm in Bramham, Leeds, according to North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service officials. Investigators traced the origin of the fire to the farm's pig pen, where they found a blackened, poop-covered pedometer -- which is a device that measures the number of steps a person takes. Apparently, it's common for farmers to put pedometers on pigs to prove they're free-range animals. In this case, firefighters believe the pedometer fell off the pig, which then ate it and subsequently pooped it out. The copper in the device's batteries reacted to chemicals in the poop, causing sparks that ignited dry hay on the ground, fire investigators say. What's the biggest problem your pet has caused? Have you ever owned -- or knew someone who owned -- a pet pig?
Photo: North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service